The printing and distribution of this card is sponsored by the Cooper Mountain Mining Corporation.

Cooper Mountain Mining Corporation provided and approved the Company information on this page.

Sponsor Profile

Copper Mountain’s flagship asset is the 75% owned Copper Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia near the town of Princeton. The Company has a strategic alliance with Mitsubishi Materials Corporation who own the remaining 25%.

The Copper Mountain mine commenced production in the summer of 2011, and has continued to improve its operations during the year; and attained design capacity in the summer of 2012. The 18,000 acre site has a resource of approximately 5 billion pounds of copper and remains open laterally and at depth. The mine has significant exploration potential that will need to be explored over the next few years to fully appreciate the properties full development potential.

Mine Details

The development concept combines three existing open pits into one large “Super Pit” over time. The mine has a brand new mobile mining fleet consisting of two Komatsu PC 8000 hydraulic shovels, thirteen 240 ton Komatsu 830E haul trucks, one Komatsu WA 1200 loader, two PV271 Atlas Copco rotary drills, one PV351 Atlas Copco rotary drill, and a fleet of support equipment. In addition, the mine recently acquired an Ex 5500 Hitachi hydraulic shovel, five 260 ton haul trucks, and a PV 351 drill.

The mine utilizes a conventional crushing, grinding, and flotation to produce copper concentrates with gold and silver credits. The mine processing plan focuses on processing the higher–grade ore in the first twelve years, with lower grade material being sent to stockpiles for blending and processing later in the mine's life.

The 2013 production target is 80 million pounds of copper plus gold and silver credits. The mine currently employs 390 people.

Career opportunities at the Cooper Mountain Mine

Work with us and you will benefit from the mentorship and guidance of experienced professionals because we understand that in order to accomplish our goals, we must work as a team and rely on the effort of every team member.

TSX listing: CUM

For additional information about the Cooper Mountain Mining Corporation and their contribution to the mining industry please visit their website at